Eligibility for Citizenship By Ancestry
- Each country has its own requirements for eligibility
- You may be eligible for citizenship through ancestry if you have ancestors who are/were citizens in the destination country
- Ability to live, work and study in the destination country without getting a visa
- Ability to seek consular assistance and protection from the destination country’s diplomatic authorities
- Opportunity to obtain a second passport to enhance one’s global mobility
- Opportunity to apply for social securities, healthcare subsidies, and education benefits from the destination country
- Complete the application form and gather the required supporting documents (e.g. proof of lineage)
- Submit application to the relevant immigration authority
- Processing time varies between countries
Which countries allow citizenship through descent and ancestry?
- Africa – Cape Verde, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tunisia
- America – Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, United States of America
- Asia – Mongolia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand
- Europe – Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom
- Middle East – Bahrain, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman
- Oceania – Australia, Fiji, New Zealand
*Note: The above is a non-exhaustive list of countries that offer citizenship by ancestry options
REQUEST CITIZENSHIP BY ANCESTRY
Thank you for visiting Harvey Law Group.
Please select our nearest office to you and complete the enquiry form below.
To send successfully, you must fill in all the required fields marked by an asterisk “*”.
Other Citizenship by ancestry programmes
Italian Citizenship by Descent: Unlocking Your Italian Heritage
Explore the advantages of Italian citizenship by descent, eligibility criteria, and the application process in our comprehensive guide.
Slovakia Citizenship by DESCENT
Since 1 April 2022, anyone with a Slovak Republic residence permit and a parent, grandparent, or great-grandparent who was born as a Czechoslovak citizen in the territory of Slovak Republic may apply for Slovak citizenship.
Obtain a French passport through your ancestral links
As COVID-19 disrupts tourism and business travels globally, the immigration industry has seen a newfound demand for immigration pathway to the European Union (“EU”).