Citizenship and Family Inclusion
Antigua & Barbuda’s citizenship by investment program offers citizenship for life and is applicable to future generations. Dependents can include your spouse, children up to 30 years old, parents above 55 years old, and unmarried siblings (of any age) of the applicant or spouse.
Travel and Residency
Antigua and Barbuda citizens can enjoy visa-free travel to over 150 countries and the ability to live and work in any CARICOM member states.
Requirements and Taxation
Antigua and Barbuda have no language, education, or management experience requirements for their citizenship by investment program. They also have an attractive tax regime with zero personal taxes.
The Donation Option
Approved applicants can qualify by making a financial contribution to the National Transformation Fund.
- USD 100,000 for a family of up to 4.
- USD 125,000 for a family of 5 or more persons.
Make a minimum financial contribution to the University of the West Indies (UWI) Development Fund.
- USD 150,000 for a family of 6 or more persons.
- USD 15,000 for each additional dependent.
The Real Estate Option
Approved applicants can make a minimum investment of USD 200,000 in a government-approved real estate project, which must be held for 5-years. Approved projects are:
- Antigua & Barbuda Nonsuch-Bay.
- Antigua & Barbuda Moongate Resort.
Government-approved real estate projects for Citizenship by Investment
Antigua & Barbuda Moon Gate Resort
- Luxury 42 Suite Boutique Hotel featuring a Clubhouse, Cocktail Bar & Lounge, Restaurant, Spa and community infinity pool.
- Investors have the option of investing in a standard suite, premium suite with a plunge pool, or penthouse suite.
- Minimum investment begins at USD 250,000 into a standard suite.
- Freehold real estate investment with single title deed over all real estate purchases.
Antigua & Barbuda Nonsuch Bay
- Luxury complex of beachfront villas, high-end apartments, suites and oceanfront townhouses, all fully completed.
- Full set of amenities such as watersports, dining facilities, pools, shopping area, spa and wellness club.
- Investors can acquire a qualifying share for a minimum investment of USD 200,000 into a 3-bed townhouse.
- Rental management and maintenance program available.
Due Diligence and Application
- Complete pre-assessment, KYC and eligibility and due diligence checks
- Complete all application forms, payment of legal and due diligence fee
Approval and Investment
- Upon approval, pay the balance of the investment, passport fees, and other government fees
Citizenship and Passport
- Applicant swears Oath of Allegiance and completes Passport application.
- Issuance of Citizenship certificate.
Contact an office nearest to you
With 30 years of immigration experience, each of Harvey Law Group’s lawyers carefully studies each client’s needs, resources and determines the immigration solution that best aligns with our client’s vision and values.
Frequently Asked Questions
Antigua and Barbuda’s Citizenship-by-Investment Program (“CIP”) offers eligible individuals and their families the opportunity to obtain full legal citizenship and passports upon making a qualifying significant investment in Antigua and Barbuda.
To qualify for citizenship, the primary applicant must be over 18 years old, of good character and must make an investment or contribution in one of the qualifying investment options.
Ineligible applicants are those who:
- Provide false information on their application.
- Are or have family members who are suffering from a contagious disease and/or have serious health problems, as stated by a medical practitioner.
- Have not received a pardon, and have been convicted in any country, of an offence for which the maximum custodial penalty is in excess of 6 months imprisonment that is not considered as ‘spent’.
- Are the subject of a criminal investigation.
- Pose a national security risk to Antigua and Barbuda, or any other country.
- Are involved in any activity likely to cause disrepute to Antigua and Barbuda.
- Have been denied a visa to a country with which Antigua and Barbuda has visa-free travel and who have not subsequently obtained a visa to the country that issued the denial.
Restricted applicants are those who are nationals of:
- North Korea
Nationals of the listed restricted countries are eligible to apply for citizenship through the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program if they meet the following:
- Migrated before the age or majority; and/or
- Have permanent residence in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, UAE, UK, or USA for a period of not less than 10 years and maintain no economic ties to any restricted country.
- Spouse of the main applicant.
- Dependent children of the main applicant or spouse up to 30 years old (proof of attendance at a recognized educational institution is required for children between 18-30 years old).
- Dependent children at least 18 years old and physically and/or mentally challenged who are living with and fully supported by the main applicant.
- Parents or grandparents of the main applicant or spouse above 55 years old living with and fully supported by the main applicant.
- Unmarried siblings of the main applicant or the Spouse.
- A future spouse of the main applicant.
- A future spouse of dependent children where the dependent child is financially dependent on the main applicant.
- A future child of a dependent child.
Antigua and Barbuda’s passport allows visa-free travel to over 150 jurisdictions including Hong Kong, Russia, Singapore, the UK, and the Schengen Area. A full list can be accessed on the CIP website here: https://cip.gov.ag/how-to-apply/passport-visa-requirements/
Multiple citizenship is permitted and citizenship is valid for a lifetime.
The processing time of Antigua and Barbuda’s Citizenship by Investment Program is approximately 6 months including application preparation, approval, and issue of certificate of registration and passport.
No, there is no requirement to travel or reside in Antigua prior to obtaining citizenship. However, citizens should spend at least 5 days in Antigua and Barbuda within 5 calendar years after obtaining citizenship and swear an Oath in Antigua. However due to the worldwide Covid-19 Pandemic this requirement is currently suspended.
Yes, applicants are required to show that they have enough funds to make the investment and that the funds have been legally obtained. The type of documents required will vary depending on the source of the investment funds.
Yes, applicants can include money that has been gifted by a friend or family member for the investment. In most cases, additional documents will be required from the sponsor regarding their source of funds. The type of documents required will vary depending on the source of the investment funds.