Eligibility for Citizenship By Ancestry
- Each country has its own requirements for eligibility
- You may be eligible for citizenship through ancestry if you have ancestors who are/were citizens in the destination country
- Ability to live, work and study in the destination country without getting a visa
- Ability to seek consular assistance and protection from the destination country’s diplomatic authorities
- Opportunity to obtain a second passport to enhance one’s global mobility
- Opportunity to apply for social securities, healthcare subsidies, and education benefits from the destination country
- Complete the application form and gather the required supporting documents (e.g. proof of lineage)
- Submit application to the relevant immigration authority
- Processing time varies between countries
Countries offering citizenship by ancestry options*
- Africa – Cape Verde, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tunisia
- America – Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, United States of America
- Asia – Mongolia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand
- Europe – Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom
- Middle East – Bahrain, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman
- Oceania – Australia, Fiji, New Zealand
*Note: The above is a non-exhaustive list of countries that offer citizenship by ancestry options
REQUEST CITIZENSHIP BY ANCESTRY
Thank you for visiting Harvey Law Group.
Please select our nearest office to you and complete the enquiry form below.
To send successfully, you must fill in all the required fields marked by an asterisk “*”.