Advantages of St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship
- Citizenship for life, applicable for future generations
- Dual citizenship is permitted
- Dependents included:
- Children up to 30 years old
- Parents and Grandparents above 55 years old
- Siblings up to 30 years old
- Visa-free travel/entry to over 150 countries
- No language requirement
- Attractive tax regime; limited capital gains tax and no inheritance tax
- Possibility to apply for an online visa for Australia
- No country restrictions
- No residency requirement
- Fast physical processing times
- No education or management experience required
- Ability to live, work and settle in any other member of the CARICOM
1. The Donation option
- USD 150,000 for a single applicant
- USD 150,000 for applicant with up to three dependants (excluding siblings)*
- USD 10,000 for each additional dependent (child/parent/grandparent)
- USD 20,000 for each additional dependent (sibling)
* Limited offer until further notice
2. The Real Estate option
Purchase authorised real estate with a minimum value of USD 200,000, which must be held for at least seven years
Additional fees apply, such as Due Diligence, Application, Processing fees and other Government fees
- Be over 18 years of age
- Have no criminal record
- Provide all the required documents in English
- Make a qualifying donation or investment
- The application must be submitted through a government-authorised agent
Process (between 3-6 months)
- Prepare all the documents required, submit them via an authorised agent, and pay due diligence and government fees
- Upon approval-in-principle, the applicant will need to complete the required investment and pay remaining government fees
- The passport will be issued upon approval of the citizenship
THE CITIZENSHIP-BY-INVESTMENT PROGRAMME
What is the Citizenship-by-Investment Programme?
St. Kitts & Nevis’s Citizenship-by-Investment Programme (“CIP”) offers eligible individuals and their families the opportunity to obtain full legal citizenship and passports upon making a qualifying significant investment in St. Kitts & Nevis.
Currently, there are two qualifying investments:
Sustainable Growth Fund
- USD 150,000 contribution for a single applicant
- USD 150,000 contribution for a main applicant and up to 3 dependents *
- USD 10,000 per additional dependent
* Limited time offer (reduction from USD 195,000) in effect until further notice
- USD 200,000 investment into an approved real estate project to be held for a minimum of 7 years
- USD 400,000 investment into an approved real estate project to be held for a minimum of 5 years
Processing, due diligence, and government fees are additional, and excluded from the cited investment amounts above.
Who is eligible to apply for citizenship?
To qualify for citizenship, the primary applicant must be over 18 years old, of good character, without a criminal record, and make an investment or contribution in one of the qualifying investment options.
Restricted applicants are those who are nationals of:
- North Korea
Nationals of the listed restricted countries are eligible to apply for citizenship through the St. Kitts & Nevis CIP if they are permanent residents of the Canada, the United Kingdom, or the United States.
Who qualifies as a Dependent on the application?
- Spouse of the main applicant
- Dependent children of the main applicant or spouse up to 30 years old (proof of full-time attendance at a recognized educational institution required for children between 18-30 years old)
- Dependent children at least 18 years old and physically and/or mentally challenged who are living with and fully supported by the main applicant
- Parents or grandparents of the main applicant or spouse above 55 years old living with and fully supported by the main applicant
- Siblings of the main applicant or spouse 30 years old and under that are unmarried, childless and financially dependent on the applicant
What are the benefits of citizenship in St. kitts & nevis?
St. Kitts and Nevis’s passport allows visa-free travel or visa-on-arrival to over 150 countries including Hong Kong, Singapore, Russia, the UK, and the European Union. A full list can be accessed on the CIP website here: https://www.ciu.gov.kn/visa-free-countries/
Dual citizenship is permitted. Citizenship is valid for a lifetime and can be granted to 2nd generation family members (children born after application approval) and 3rd generation family members (not automatic; conditions apply).
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
What is the usual processing time?
The processing time is approximately 6 months.
Do I need to travel or reside in St. Kitts & Nevis as part of the citizenship application process?
No, there is no requirement travel or reside in St. Kitts & Nevis prior to obtaining citizenship.
DO I NEED TO SHOW THE SOURCE OF FUNDS FOR MY INVESTMENT?
Yes, applicants are required to show that they have enough funds to make the investment. The type of documents required will vary depending on the source of the investment funds.
CAN I USE MONEY THAT HAS BEEN GIFTED TO ME BY A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER FOR THE INVESTMENT?
Yes, applicants can include money that has been gifted by a friend or family member for the investment. In most cases, additional documents will be required from the sponsor regarding their source of funds. The type of documents required will vary depending on the source of the investment funds.
The present document is intended for guidance and general information only and does not constitute or purport to provide you with legal advice. Such information is subject to changes without notice. Each case is unique and depends on the facts and circumstances of the individual and due consideration should be taken if applying the general information to your personal situation. For an evaluation of your personal circumstances one of our legal team would be happy to assist.