ST. KITTS & NEVIS Citizenship by investment program
The St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program is for eligible individuals and their families looking to obtain full legal citizenship and passports in St. Kitts & Nevis. This program requires a financial commitment of at least USD 125,000 government donation, or a minimum USD 220,000 investment in real estate. Successful applicants are granted St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship for life.
Advantages of St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship
- Citizenship for life, applicable for future generations
- Dual citizenship is permitted
- Dependents included:
b. Children up to 30 years old
c. Parents and Grandparents above 55 years old
d. Siblings up to 30 years old, that are single & childless
- Visa-free travel/entry to over 150 countries
- No language requirement
- Attractive tax regime; no personal taxes
- No country restrictions
- No residency requirement
- Fast physical processing times
- No education or management experience required
- Ability to live, work and settle in any other member of
St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship Investment Options
1.The Donation option (Limited time offer to 30 June 2023)Minimum contribution:
• USD 125,000 for a single applicant
• USD 150,000 for applicant and spouse
• USD 170,000 for applicant with up to three dependants
• USD 10,000 per additional dependent under 18
• USD 20,000 per additional dependent over 18
(Includes Accelerated Application Processing)
2. The Real Estate option
Purchase approved share of real estate with a minimum value of
USD 200,000, which must be held for at least seven years; OR
Purchase private ‘residential’ real estate with a minimum value
of USD 400,000, which must be held for at least five years
Additional fees apply, such as Due Diligence, Application,
Processing fees and other Government fees
St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship Requirements
- Be over 18 years of age
- Have no criminal record
- Provide all the required documents in English
- Make a qualifying donation or investment
- The application must be submitted through a
Process (between 4-8 months)
- Application takes an average of 6 months
- Accelerated Application Processing option for real-estate
- Complete reservation form and pay a 10%deposit (real-
- Complete Application Forms, payment of legal and due
- Upon approval, payment of balance of investment,
government fees, stamp duty and other fees
- Investor then obtains a Certificate of Citizenship & passport
Frequently Asked Questions about St. Kitts Citizenship Program
St. Kitts & Nevis’s Citizenship-by-Investment Programme (“CIP”) offers eligible individuals and their families the opportunity to obtain full legal citizenship and passports upon making a qualifying significant investment in St. Kitts & Nevis.
Currently, there are two qualifying investments:
Sustainable Growth Fund
- USD 125,000 contribution for a single applicant
- USD 150,000 contribution for a main applicant and up to 3 dependents *
- USD 10,000 per additional dependent
* Limited time offer (reduction from USD 195,000) in effect until further notice
To qualify for citizenship, the primary applicant must be over 18 years old, of good character, without a criminal record, and make an investment or contribution in one of the qualifying investment options.
Restricted applicants are those who are nationals of:
- North Korea
Nationals of the listed restricted countries are eligible to apply for citizenship through the St. Kitts & Nevis CIP if they are permanent residents of the Canada, the United Kingdom, or the United States.
- Spouse of the main applicant
- Dependent children of the main applicant or spouse up to 30 years old (proof of full-time attendance at a recognized educational institution required for children between 18-30 years old)
- Dependent children at least 18 years old and physically and/or mentally challenged who are living with and fully supported by the main applicant
- Parents or grandparents of the main applicant or spouse above 55 years old living with and fully supported by the main applicant
- Siblings of the main applicant or spouse 30 years old and under that are unmarried, childless and financially dependent on the applicant
St. Kitts and Nevis’s passport allows visa-free travel or visa-on-arrival to over 150 countries including Hong Kong, Singapore, Russia, the UK, and the European Union. A full list can be accessed on the CIP website here: https://www.ciu.gov.kn/visa-free-countries/
Dual citizenship is permitted. Citizenship is valid for a lifetime and can be granted to 2nd generation family members (children born after application approval) and 3rd generation family members (not automatic; conditions apply).
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
The processing time is approximately 6 months.
No, there is no requirement travel or reside in St. Kitts & Nevis prior to obtaining citizenship.
Yes, applicants are required to show that they have enough funds to make the investment. The type of documents required will vary depending on the source of the investment funds.
Yes, applicants can include money that has been gifted by a friend or family member for the investment. In most cases, additional documents will be required from the sponsor regarding their source of funds. The type of documents required will vary depending on the source of the investment funds.
Similar Citizenship by Investment Program
SAINT LUCIA Citizenship by Investment Programme
Grenada Citizenship by Investment Program
DOMINICA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAM
The present document is intended for guidance and general information only and does not constitute or purport to provide you with legal advice. Such information is subject to changes without notice. Each case is unique and depends on the facts and circumstances of the individual and due consideration should be taken if applying the general information to your personal situation. For an evaluation of your personal circumstances one of our legal team would be happy to assist.