WHAT IS A RETIREMENT VISA PROGRAMME?
A retirement visa will allow you to spend your well deserved retirement years in a foreign country. To be granted a retirement visa, you must be of retirement age (typically from 50 years of age and above) and have enough money to support yourself.
ABOUT THE RETIREMENT VISA PROGRAMMES
Literally millions of people are choosing to retire and live in other countries, for financial reasons and their standard of living, as well as to enjoy a better climate, lifestyle, healthcare and more.
Your own retirement goals may include:
- Reduced tax exposure (inheritance, wealth, etc.)
- A higher purchasing power and living standard
- Access to affordable, long-term healthcare
- Potential for long-term residency/ citizenship
- Visa free access to more countries for travel
- Educational or other benefits for self or family
- An alternative to citizenship by descent, citizenship by investment or nomad visas
Countries with the best retirement programmes*
*Note: The following are only some of the countries offering retirement visa programs. Details and assistance with more programs are available.
- Africa– Kenya, Mauritius, South Africa
- Americas– Argentina, Belize, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Uruguay
- Asia & Oceania– Australia, Cambodia, Fiji, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Thailand
- Europe– Greece, France, Italy, Ireland, Malta, Portugal, Spain
Eligibility differs by country and by applicant. We can help do a full eligibility assessment.
- Your own circumstances – e.g., age, financial status, family makeup – establish eligibility.
- The criteria differ for each country and program – monthly income, health cover, necessary residency periods, etc.
Each country has its own requirements for:
- Supporting documentation
- Proof of sufficient resources
- A personal interview (some countries only)
Contact us using the box at the right of this column.
- Complete our evaluation form (no charge)
- Discuss your retirement goals and plans with one of our professionals and review feasible options
- Identify specific formalities that may be needed
- Complete the application forms and gather the required supporting documentation
- Submit your application to immigration authorities
(Processing time varies between countries.)
REQUEST RETIREMENT VISA INFORMATION
Thank you for visiting Harvey Law Group.
Please select our office nearest to you and complete the enquiry form below.
To send successfully, you must fill in all the required fields (as marked by an asterisk *).