WHAT IS THE USA EB-2 NIW PROGRAM (Visa Pilot)?
The EB-2 New Immigration program (EB-2 Visa Pilot) is designed for experienced foreign airline pilots wishing to settle in the USA through the National Interest Waiver program. Successful candidates and their qualifying family members are granted an unconditional Green Card (permanent residency status) in the USA in 12 to 16 months.
Advantages of eb-2 niw program for experienced pilots
- Unconditional Green Cards (permanent residence status) for the applicant and dependents.
- Dependents include spouse and children under 21.
- Each of the applicant and dependents will have independent Green Cards giving them the right to live, work, and study in the USA.
- Pathway to U.S. citizenship after 5 years of residence in USA.
- Estimated overall processing time for the Visa Pilot: 12 – 18 months
EB-2 NIW PROGRAM PROCESS
- Collection of supporting documents
- Submission of application, with supporting documents and individualised letter of support
- 8 to 12 months to receive National Interest Waiver (and if liaise with USCIS as necessary)
- File for the immigrant visas at U.S. consulate abroad
- 3 to 6 months to obtain immigrant visas
- Enter the USA within 6 months of issuance of immigrant visas
- Receive Green Cards by post to your USA address.
EB-2 Visa Pilot Requirements
(Must meet three of the criteria listed below) *
- At least 10 years of full-time experience as a pilot.
- A licence to practice your profession or certification for your profession or occupation.
- Evidence that you have commanded a salary or other remuneration for services that demonstrates your exceptional ability.
- Membership in pilot professional association(s).
- Recognition of achievements and significant contributions to your industry or field by your peers, government entities, professional or business organizations.
- Academic records showing a degree, diploma or certificate related to the aviation industry from a college, university, school or other comparable institutions
- Other comparable evidence (anything that makes your training and/or experience special or noteworthy, including management and/or training duties) *
- The National Interest Waiver dispenses with the typical requirement for a job offer and a process to demonstrate unavailable American workers for the position. Some of the criteria above are objective and some are subjective. If there is anything in your professional history and training that you consider above average, let us know, we will work with you to determine if it is useful. Note also that some of the requirements above reflect our own minimum comfort requirements for a successful petition.
- Our expectation when we filed the first few petitions in December of 2021 was that we would have to wait approximately 8 to 12 months to receive feedback from USCIS. We have been pleasantly surprised with feedback on some petitions in less than 3 months. Despite this pleasant surprise, and full of hope that it continues, we are advising our clients to continue with the expectation of 8 to 12 months. Past experience working with USCIS has shown that delays may vary
The present document is intended for guidance and general information only and does not constitute or purport to provide you with legal advice. Such information is subject to changes without notice. Each case is unique and depends on the facts and circumstances of the individual and due consideration should be taken if applying the general information to your personal situation. For an evaluation of your personal circumstances one of our legal team would be happy to assist.