What is the British National Overseas (BNO UK Visa)?
The British National (Overseas) Visa Program is designed for British National (Overseas) and their families who live in Hong Kong or the UK as an opportunity to move to the UK to live, work, and study. This route is open not only to the applicant’s partners and minor children but, to adult children, grandchildren, and where there is a high degree of dependency to brothers, sisters, and parents. Those granted permission on the BN(O) route can qualify for permanent residency after living in the UK for 5 years and citizenship after a year of living in the UK as a permanent resident.
Permanent Residency: After 5 years
UK Citizenship: After 1 year of PR and 5 years continuous residency in the UK
UK BNO Visa Advantage
- Obtain BNO UK Visas for you and your dependents, giving the right to live, study and work in the UK for 5 years (with the possibility to seek permanent residence and UK citizenship a year after that.
UK BNO Visa Requirements
- Evidence of BNO status
- Ordinary resident in Hong Kong, United Kingdom or crown dependencies
BNO Visa Process
- HLG-Client interview to collect information
- HLG taking client information to consider client’s specific circumstances
- Consultations with lawyers, certified public accountant and education advisor can take place physically in Hong Kong or via video conference.
- Submission of application form(s) with UK authorities, supporting documents and fees
- Typical processing to be confirmed
- Successful applicants will receive a BNO UK Visa
The present document is intended for guidance and general information only and does not constitute or purport to provide you with legal advice. Such information is subject to changes without notice. Each case is unique and depends on the facts and circumstances of the individual and due consideration should be taken if applying the general information to your personal situation. For an evaluation of your personal circumstances one of our legal team would be happy to assist.