Residency and Family Inclusion
- Member of EU/Schengen.
- Children under 21.
- Parents of the investor and spouse.
Travel and Quality of Life
- Right to reside indefinitely in Greece.
- High standard of education and healthcare, and children have access to free education.
- Free travel within Schengen zone 90 days out of every 180 days.
- Right to establish a business.
Requirements and Taxation
- Fast processing, typically within 6-9 months.
- No physical residency requirement.
- No language requirement.
- Can apply for Greek citizenship after 7 years subject to meeting actual residency and language requirements.
- No wealth tax.
- Low property tax.
- No education or management/ business experience required.
- The GIRP is valid for 5 years and can be renewed.
- The applicant must be a Non-EU citizen.
- The applicant must be over 18 years old & in good health.
- Must have medical insurance.
- Make a qualifying real-estate investment which must be held for the entire duration of the residence permit.
- Minimum investment of €500,000 in one property in North, Central, and South Sectors of Athens; Region of Attica; Region of Central Macedonia; Region of South Aegean.
- Minimum investment of €250,000 in one or multiple properties in other areas.
- Property can be held Freehold or Leasehold.
- Property can be either Commercial or Residential.
- The investment can be made personally or through a wholly owned company in Greece.
Due Diligence and Application
- Initial background & eligibility checks.
- Visit Greece and select property and sign Power of Attorney.
- Complete property purchase.
- Book submission date in Greece for application.
- Lawyer submits application documents and obtains temporary residence permit (TRC) for the applicant which is valid for 1 year.
- The applicant and dependents must visit Greece to submit biometrics within the validation period of TRC.
Approval and Investment
Approval of the residence permit is typically granted within 2 months.
Citizenship and Passport
- This program allows the applicants to gain citizenship after 7 years subject to meeting actual residency and language requirements.
- May renew every 5 years providing the investment is still held.
Contact an office nearest to you
With 30 years of immigration experience, each of Harvey Law Group’s lawyers carefully studies each client’s needs, resources and determines the immigration solution that best aligns with our client’s vision and values.
Frequently Asked Questions
The minimum legal requirement is EUR 250,000.
- Yes, the spouse and children who are under 21 years old (including adopted children) as well as the parents of both the investor and the spouse of the investor can be included.
No. However, from 21 to 24 years old, the dependent must annually renew their permit. If the dependent wants to keep their residence permit after becoming 24 years old, they must make their own investment.
No, the application process does not include an interview.
The permit holder can travel into the Schengen area up to 90 days in any 180-day period.
No, the applicant cannot work in other EU countries.
No, the applicant does not have to reside in Greece after receiving the residence permit. However, the applicant will be required to visit Greece during the process.
The investor must renew the permit, which may be renewed as long as the investor can prove that the investment has been maintained.
Yes, a Greek resident benefits in the same manner as Greek citizens, such as social cover, free medical access, free education system.
Since March 2018 holders of the GIRP may apply for Greek citizenship after 7 years of lawful residence in Greece subject to meeting residency and language requirements.
The investment can be made anywhere in Greece.
The investor will fully own the property. Therefore, the investor has full access to it, as the owner and landlord and is fully entitled to live there or rent out the property.
Yes, the investor is totally free to make additional investments or make other individual acquisitions.
There is no maximum period. It should be noted that the residence permit is renewable as long as the conditions are satisfied, including maintaining the qualified investment.