What is the Turkiye Citizenship by investment program?
The Turkiye citizenship program offers eligible individuals and their families the opportunity to obtain full citizenship and passports upon making a qualifying investment in Türkiye of at least USD 400,000. The Turkish program is one of the most popular in the world and requires the investment to be held for at least 3 years.
Turkiye citizenship advantages
- Dual citizenship is permitted
- Dependents included:
- Dependent children under 18-years old
- Citizenship for life, applicable for future generations
- Right to reside indefinitely in Türkiye
- High standard of education and healthcare system
- Fast processing
- Visa-free travel/entry to over 110 countries
- Ease of acquiring travel visas into the EU, US, Canada, & Australia
- Enables investors to apply for a USA E-2 Visa
- No physical residency requirement
- No language requirement
- No education or management experience required
- A minimum of USD 400,000 (or Turkish Lira equivalent) in real estate property
- Can be one or multiple properties
- Must be free of charges and encumbrances
- Must be held for at least 3 years
- Requirement of a valuation report which needs to be accepted by the Capital Market Board
- Land Registry Certificate showing the complete ownership of the property or properties
- Valid Sales & Purchase Contract from the developer
Turkiye citizenship requirements
- Make a qualifying investment in Türkiye
- Hold the investment for a minimum of 3 years
- Obtain a Currency Purchase Certificate
- Have a clean criminal record
- Not have entered or stayed illegally in Türkiye
- Obtain health insurance coverage
- Apply for a Tax Registration Number in Türkiye
- Select property in Türkiye
- Complete qualifying investment
- Meet all application documentation requirements
- Apply for Turkish residency
- Upon approval, apply for Turkish citizenship
- Processing time between 3-6 months
The Türkiye Citizenship-By-Investment Program offers eligible individuals and their families the opportunity to obtain full legal citizenship and passports upon making a qualifying investment in Türkiye.
- Has not entered or stayed illegally in Türkiye;
- Is at least 18 years old;
- Has clean criminal record covering a 1-year period;
- Pays all taxes and costs related to the citizenship application;
- Maintains the investment for at least 3 years.
- No, travelling Türkiye is not mandatory, but note that:
- Each adult applicant needs to sign a POA at a Turkish embassy allowing the Turkish law firm to purchase the property(ies) and submit the application on the client’s behalf;
- Each applicant will have to provide biometrics at a Turkish embassy upon approval, provided that the embassy has the proper equipment. Otherwise, the applicants will need to visit Türkiye.
No, there is no specific restriction for PEP or Stateless individuals.
The application include also:
- Children below 18 years of age.
The investor has a wide degree of flexibility when purchasing real estate in Türkiye to qualify for the CIP and may purchase any type of real-estate to qualify, including, residential, commercial or land purchases.
Yes, provided that the total value of all properties reaches the minimum investment required.
The investor will fully own the property. Therefore, the investor has full access to it, as the owner and landlord and is fully entitled to live there or rent out the property.
Yes, the investor is totally free to make additional investments or other acquisitions.
The present document is intended for guidance and general information only and does not constitute or purport to provide you with legal advice. Such information is subject to changes without notice. Each case is unique and depends on the facts and circumstances of the individual and due consideration should be taken if applying the general information to your personal situation. For an evaluation of your personal circumstances one of our legal team would be happy to assist.