WHAT IS THE Malaysia My Second Home Program?
My Second Home Program grants a 5-year renewable multiple-entry visa to successful investors and their qualifying family members. This program starts at USD 36,000 and is typically proceed in less than 6 months.
Advantages of Malaysia
- Low cost of living, good lifestyle, strategic geographical location, business friendly, offshore tax haven of Labuan, minimal capital flow restrictions with a strong and stable economy.
- Cosmopolitan and multi-cultural with English as official language of business & widely spoken along with Malay & various Chinese & Indian dialects.
- World-class and international hub for healthcare and education.
- Relaxed property ownership rules for foreigners with a minimum threshold of RM 600,000 per property applicable for the state of Kuala Lumpur. This varies from state to state.
- Must make a fixed deposit placement of RM 1,000,000.
- An additional RM 50,000 fixed deposit must be placed for each dependent.
- A maximum withdrawal of 50% from the principal amount is permitted for approved purposes such as healthcare, education and property acquisitions.
Advantages of MM2H
- 5-year renewable multiple-entry social visit pass granted to successful applicants as long as requirements are fulfilled.
- May include spouse and unmarried children below 21 years of age in the application as dependents.
- Main applicant must have a minimum offshore monthly income of RM 40,000.
- Proof of liquid assets of at least RM 1,500,000.
- 90 days/year must be spent in Malaysia.
- Minimum age requirement for principal applicant is 35 years.
- Government processing fee of RM 5,000 (principal applicant) and an additional RM 2,500 per dependent.
- Government annual visa fee of RM 500.
– Visit the following link for further information & self-application: https://imigresen-online.imi.gov.my/eservices/main
- Complete online application and prepare required documents.
- Preparation and submission of application.
- Conditional approval letter issued.
- Arrive in Malaysia for:
- Fixed deposit account opening with any bank in Malaysia.
- Purchasing of/submission of medical insurance* that is applicable in Malaysia.
- Obtaining of medical report* from any private hospital or registered clinic in Malaysia.
- Submit remaining documents:
- Fixed deposit certificate, medical insurance policy* & medical report*.
- Obtain visa
* Main applicant and dependents are required to pass a medical check-up and possess medical insurance coverage that is applicable in Malaysia from any insurance company.
See also, Singapore Start-up visa