The Pandemic’s unexpected arrival has driven many high-net-worth individuals (HNWIs) and their families to re-evaluate their priorities and life choices. Their need to increase mobility and access countries that can act as a safe haven has skyrocketed to the top of their wish list.
Fortunately, Citizenship by Investment (CBI) Programs like the ones in the Caribbean and Vanuatu offer swift processing times, affordable investment options, and no tax exposures. With those programs, HNWIs and their families can now quickly formulate a Plan B and obtain global mobility without the need to physically relocate, go through extensive interviews or wait years.
Fastest Countries to get Citizenship
As a result of the pandemic, HNWIs lose the luxury of time and must opt for a CBI solution with a short processing timeframe.
Below outlines the minimum processing times for each Program:
- Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship: 90 days
- Dominica Citizenship: 60 days
- Grenada Citizenship: 60 days
- St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship: 60 days
- St. Lucia Citizenship: 90 days
- Vanuatu Citizenship: 30-45 days
In response to the pandemic, many Caribbean countries have further reduced their processing times, adding an online application option, and waiving personal visit requirements for their passport programs.
Affordability is key during unforeseen circumstances:
Under ideal conditions, HNWIs will plan their finances ahead of time to provide themselves and their families with a more comprehensive range of CBI Program choices. With the Pandemic’s sudden impact on the global economy and local business, HNWIs need to decide on a new Plan B and forgo their prior lifestyle plans. The good news is that the Caribbean and Vanuatu present both choices and a wide range of affordable investment options.
This list illustrates the investment amounts required for each CBI Program and based on a single applicant family composition. Many starts at just USD 100,000 for the contribution option, and USD200,000 for the real estate option:
- Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship: USD 100,000 (donation) / USD 200,000 (real estate)
- Dominica Citizenship: USD 100,000 (donation) / USD 208,000 (real estate)
- Grenada Citizenship: USD 150,000 (donation) / USD 220,000 (real estate)
- St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship: USD 150,000 (donation) / USD 200,000 (real estate)
- St. Lucia Citizenship: USD 100,000 (donation)
- Vanuatu Citizenship: USD 130,000 (donation)
It is to note that in most countries above, the amount of contribution will increase depending on the family composition i.e. children, spouse, parents, grandparents and/or siblings. Contact us privately for an exhaustive quotation based on your unique family composition.