EB-2 Visa United States – USA Start-up Visa
The EB-2 Visa program grants an unconditional Green Card (permanent residency status) for entrepreneurs with innovative ideas who will spur economic growth.
The EB-2 Visa program requires a financial commitment of at least USD 300,000.
Advantages of the EB-2 Visa United States
- Obtaining a Green Card (unconditional permanent residence status) in USA for the investor and family members
- Dependents included:
- Children under 21
- Right to live, work, and study in the USA
- No language requirement
- Fast processing time
- Pathway to U.S. citizenship after 5 years of residence in USA
EB-2 Visa United States Investment options
- You have to invest at least, 300,000 USD
- Research & Development: a significant part of the investment at least 100,000 USD) must be reserved for R&D (must be supported by governmentally backed U.S research facilities)
- Secure the commitments of a business incubator and U.S. Agencies
- Main applicant owns 100% of the legal entity conducting the business innovation project in the U.S.
EB-2 Visa United States Requirements
- Advanced degree: Bachelor’s degree + 5 years’ work experience in the same field
- Your work experience must include management experience
- The project must have substantial merit, be of national importance, and beneficial to the U.S.
- Main applicant must demonstrate that they are innovative entrepreneurs and well-positioned to advance the venture
- Must provide proof of lawful source of funds used for the investment.
How long does it take to get EB-2 visa?
- Submit the completed Eb-2 Visa application forms and required documents
- Obtain the Eb-2 visa National Interest Waiver
- File for the immigrant visa/adjustment of status allowing the you and your family members to get their green cards
- The application processing time varies according to the investor’s country of chargeability
- Typical the EB-2 Visa application processing time is within 12-16 months for countries not experiencing backlog
- Countries experiencing high EB-2 Green Cards demand are subject to a backlog delaying the processing time.
The present document is intended for guidance and general information only and does not constitute or purport to provide you with legal advice. Such information is subject to changes without notice. Each case is unique and depends on the facts and circumstances of the individual and due consideration should be taken if applying the general information to your personal situation. For an evaluation of your personal circumstances one of our legal team would be happy to assist.